November 5, 2013
Nike has just launched its Nike+ Move app in the App Store, slightly ahead of the previously announced release date for the "motivational" fitness app. Nike+ Move was introduced at Apple's iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c media event last September. The event was an appropriate venue for the unveiling of Nike+ Move since the app is designed to work with the M7 motion coprocessor built into the iPhone 5s. The app uses the M7 motion coprocessor to convert your movement into NikeFuel, Nike's universal unit for measuring all kinds of activities. As it does, it provides insights into the circumstances of your activities and motivates you to move more. Nike+ Move lets you:
Nike+ Move is available now in the App Store for free. The app, as mentioned, is optimized for iPhone 5s only. In addition to releasing Nike+ Move, Nike has just updated the official iOS app of its popular Nike+ FuelBand activity tracker to version 2.0. Nike+ FuelBand 2.0 features a new design that matches the look and feel of iOS 7. Also, it adds support for a couple of features that require the new Nike+ FuelBand SE: Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity and Nike+ Sessions, with which you can track NikeFuel and intensity for specific activities. Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.1 or later, Nike+ FuelBand 2.0 is available now in the App Store for free. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Win the day by beating your NikeFuel average and watch your goal ring change from Red to Green.
- See when you are most active throughout the day and how you’re doing compared to yesterday.
- Move more often and win as many hours as you can throughout the day.
- See how you moved through the day with a breakdown of running, walking, and other movement.
- See where you're moving and where you move the most each day.
- Check out how you compare against your Game Center friends or other Nike+ Move users near you.