Do you know your espresso from your macchiato, cappuccino, and latte? If so, a new time management iOS app called Jo’s Dream: Coffee Shop could be of interest. In the game, iDevice users are charged with the task of turning a “humble café into a fancy gourmet coffee shop,” according to developer Melesta.
Available in the App Store for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (albeit across two separate apps), Jo’s Dream: Coffee Shop is the iOS sequel to the popular PC game Jo’s Dream: Organic Coffee. But what can we expect from the new app? Melesta explains in the application’s release notes:
As the manager, you’ll hire staff, upgrade the café with cool items, buy new equipment to expand the menu, hire musicians to set the mood, and keep your customers happy by serving them quickly and accurately. Build your dream coffee shop in this fabulous time management game!
Features are aplenty, and besides keeping tabs on customers and their orders, iDevice users must purchase new equipment for their coffee shop (including coffee machines and decorative items), customize drinks using toppings and syrups, and earn achievements using Game Center.
Of course, gamers must also hire staff - including new baristas, waiters, musicians, and couriers - in order to help their coffee empire expand. Move aside, Starbucks!
Here’s a complete list of features:
- Perfect your management strategy to ace all the exciting levels
- Keep all your customers happy – even the picky ones!
- Choose between two modes: Normal and Expert. Play at the speed you want
- Decorate the café with a peaceful aquarium, sweet-smelling orchids, and more
- Buy new equipment: coffee machines, pastry stands, ice cream fridges…
- Add tasty toppings like vanilla, chocolate syrup and cinnamon
- Buy tables and couches, a musician’s stage, and more
- Decorate exterior with gorgeous bas-relief walls, colorful flower beds, chic glass domes and more
- Earn achievements for playing
- Build your dream team staff with bartenders, waiters, musicians and couriers
The only downside to Jo’s Dream: Coffee Shop is that the application isn’t a universal one. Rather, two apps - one for the iPhone and iPod touch, and another for the iPad - are on offer in the App Store.
Are you up to the challenge of helping Jo build her coffee empire?
Check out the new apps now, or see: Paradock: Multi-View Dual Dock For iPhone, iPad Launches On Kickstarter, He Swipes, He Scores: New Football Kicks Title Launches In The US App Store, and Namco Bandai Releases Kawaii Adventure Game Hello Kitty Tap And Run For iOS.[gallery]