January 21, 2014
Ahead of its official launch in the U.S. tomorrow, Beats Music has just been launched on iOS with the App Store release of its app designed for iPhone and iPod touch. Cofounded by rapper Dr. Dre and producer Jimmy Iovine, Beats Music is a new music streaming service that seeks to take on the likes of Pandora, Spotify, Rdio, and, of course, Apple's iTunes Radio. But it also seeks to differentiate itself from most other apps of its ilk with its combination of human and automatic algorithms that makes for the right music at the right time. Beats Music offers the following key features:
Check back later here on AppAdvice for our full review of Beats Music. In the meantime, you can go ahead and download the Beats Music app for your iOS device. Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later, Beats Music is available now in the App Store for free. Offering a seven-day free trial, Beats Music provides unlimited and ad-free music streaming for $9.99 a month. It will also be available through the Beats Music Family Plan from AT&T, supporting five accounts across 10 devices for $14.99 a month, beginning on Friday, Jan. 24. Beats Music is also supported on the Web, Android, and Windows Phone. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- JUST FOR YOU - Your first stop for music that’s right for you. A mix of albums and playlists that have been handpicked by our music experts are always ready and waiting just for you.
- RIGHT NOW - Make your mix. Change the sentence up to match how you’re feeling or what you’re doing and who you’re with.
- HIGHLIGHTS - Discover what’s happening in the world of music. Quick access to what’s worth checking out, even if it’s not on your radar.
- FIND IT - When you’re not quite sure what to listen to, reach for the perfect playlist here. Choose a genre, activity, or curator and we’ll do the rest.
- SHARE - Get a following by sharing your favorite tracks, albums and playlists with your friends on Beats Music, Facebook and Twitter.
Beats Music, LLC.
Pandora Media, Inc.