January 27, 2014
Pushpin for Pinboard has just been updated to version 3.0 with a brand new design and a bevy of other improvements. Of course, the new design introduced in Pushpin 3.0 is inspired by the flat and simple style of iOS 7. Along with that is a new split pane interface for Pushpin's iPad edition, which debuted through the app's universal update last August. One of the biggest selling points of Pushpin is its speedy search functionality. And now, Pushpin 3.0 improves on that feature by enabling searching across all fields, titles, descriptions, URLs, tags, and full text (for users with Pinboard archival accounts) within bookmarks. The latest update to Pushpin also adds support for syncing saved feeds via iCloud and sharing via the popular App.net apps Felix, hAppy, Netbot, and Riposte. Pushpin 3.0 also includes the following improvements:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 7.0 or later, version 3.0 of Pushpin for Pinboard is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $9.99 download. See also: Get A Lightning Fast Bookmarking Experience With Pinswift For Pinboard, Pinbrowser For Pinboard Pins iOS 7 Redesign Plus New Feed Types In 2.0 Update, and Get The iOS 7 Experience For Your Pinboard Bookmarks With Pincase. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Swipe right to edit and swipe left to delete.
- Significantly expand tap areas for tags (you can tap on them to filter bookmarks by that tag).
- Enable or disable autocorrect and autocapitalization when editing bookmark descriptions.
- Add ability to set the default bookmark feed when starting up the app.
- Add the option to automatically mark unread bookmarks as read when opening them.
- Started work on bulk-editing mode. At the moment you can mark multiple bookmarks as read in the main bookmark list.
- You can now mark bookmarks as read when viewing a bookmark in the in-app browser.
- Add a "compressed mode" that limits descriptions to two lines and tags to one line. You can enable it in settings or by tapping the title bars. You can tap the ellipsis when tags are limited to one line to view additional tags.
- Significantly speed up searching and remote syncing.
Pushpin for Pinboard
Lionheart Software LLC
Felix (iPhone Edition)
Netbot for App.net (iPhone edition)
Riposte for App.net