February 6, 2014
At long last, Final Fantasy VI has arrived on iOS. Just a week after it hinted at the imminent launch of the much-awaited game, Square Enix has released the mobile port of Final Fantasy VI, which was first debuted in 1994. Of course, Final Fantasy VI for iOS retains the core fantasy RPG spirit of the original. But it does offer a few enhancements for the new platform. According to Square Enix:
If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. The mobile remake of Final Fantasy VI was confirmed for release on iOS by Square Enix back in October. It was then teased with several screenshots and a rather odd trailer (shown above) in December. And now, the long wait is finally over. You can download Final Fantasy VI in the App Store now for $15.99. It's compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 7.0 or later. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Game data saved with iCloud can now be shared across devices!
- All graphics have been painstakingly recreated, bringing the world of FINAL FANTASY VI to your mobile device for the very first time!
- Square Enix's vast experience in A-list smartphone RPG titles has been harnessed in implementing intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens.
- This smartphone release includes the new magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake.
- Some events have been optimized to be played with user-friendly touch controls.
FINAL FANTASY VI
SQUARE ENIX INC