March 20, 2014
Scallywags, the latest title from Funday Factory, has just docked in the App Store, ready to set sail for the iOS devices of players in search of a new pirate-themed game to enjoy. Not to be confused with the pirate-themed musical match-three RPG Scurvy Scallywags released last June, Scallywags is a rail shooter that has you firing your cannon at the titular plunderers. You see, the Scallywags have stolen Captain Slappy Jack's treasure, and now you have to sail the seven seas and help the formerly wealthy walrus reclaim his swag. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Scallywags lets you:
Check back later here on AppAdvice for our full review of the game. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.1 or later, Scallywags is available now in the App Store for free. Scallywags is already the third iOS release this year from Funday Factory, which launched the squirrel strategy game Tree Wars last January and the Flappy Bird-inspired Shanghai Fly last month. See also: On-Rails Space Shooter Star Horizon Launches Toward App Store Stardom. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Sail around five different worlds - beat the 21 levels and the five bosses!
- Shoot the Scallywags before they bounce away!
- Choose between ten different ships – and a bathtub!
- Upgrade your cannon to make it a deadly Scallywag destroyer!
- Spend your swag on lethal powerups, ships and cannon upgrades!
- Compete with your friends and scallywackers around the world for the highest score!
Beep Games, Inc.