Released last November, Galaxy on Fire – Alliances is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game set in the universe of Fishlabs' popular Galaxy on Fire space combat simulation games.
Through its first major update, dubbed "Space Travelers," Galaxy on Fire - Alliances gained a number of new features and improvements, most notably including a new star map. Now, more new features and improvements have come to the game through its second major update, titled "Different Worlds."
"Different Worlds" introduces direct server selection, new 3-D structures, a new heat map, and push notification support, among other new features:
- Server Selection: Choose the server(s) you want to play on directly and also keep different accounts on differing servers on the same device
- New 3D models: Enjoy completely overhauled structure meshes for all three species
- Heat Map: Check out the new heat map to identify hot spots and war zones on the star map
- Push Notifications: Receive push notifications not only for the account that is currently active, but also for the ones that are “sleeping”
- Commander name: Enter your commander name via the commander menu and not via the jump gate screen
- New skills: Learn and leverage a selection of new commander skills
- Special events: Keep your eyes open for special events and deals that are available for a limited time only (coming soon)
- New leaderboards: Compare yourself with the best commanders out there in the new “Cohort”, “Dynamic” and “Event” leaderboards
In addition, the update brings a great many improvements and bug fixes covering various aspects of the game.
The new version of Galaxy on Fire – Alliances is available now in the App Store for free. The game is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 6.0 or later.