March 12, 2014
The Sandbox, the AppAdvice Game of the Week honoree developed by Pixowl, has just received another major update. This new update challenges you to become the ultimate ninja master as it introduces 17 Japanese levels of The Sandbox's Shinobi Adventure Campaign. In this campaign, you must overcome danger in various forms as you try to defeat Oni, the master of imps, and recover the precious Sun Stone. Also in this campaign, you get to encounter other new characters and elements. ) If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Here's a list of the new elements and characters introduced by The Sandbox's Ninja update:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, the new version of The Sandbox is available now in the App Store for free. For information on the game's previous updates, see also: The Sandbox Gains New User-Created Campaign And New Controllable Elements, Boldly Go Where No Sandbox Gamer Has Gone Before In The Sandbox's New Campaign, and Can You Survive The Robocalypse In The Sandbox?. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- The new Sun Stone gem to create a movement detection laser and build some stealthy levels
- Oni, the Giant Demon Imp (yes), mother of all these little buggers
- White Ninja - friend or foe? No one knows (but he comes from America and got smoke bomb)
- Pink Ninja - he's the trendier ninja ever, even his smoke bomb matches his clothes!
- The Bamboo bush - plant them everywhere - they grow so fast!
- Several Japanese Blueprints: the Dojo, the Guardian and Dragon statues, the Shogun, Sensei, the Sumo or Princess characters and various traditional Japanese decorative items