March 27, 2014
As we reported yesterday, the popular movie-focused to-do app TodoMovies is getting a sequel. And that sequel, called TodoMovies 3, is out now in the App Store. Of course, TodoMovies 3 is also designed for managing and discovering movies you want to watch. But it's designed, unsurprisingly, with a new interface that's in line with the visual style of iOS 7. My colleague Christine will be posting a full review of TodoMovies 3 later here on AppAdvice. In the meantime, check out the key features of the app:
Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later, TodoMovies 3 is available now in the App Store for free. Note that TodoMovies 3 is available as a brand new app, rather than as an update to its predecessor, TodoMovies 2, which was updated yesterday with the ability to move movies into TodoMovies 3. To migrate movies from TodoMovies 2 to TodoMovies 3, open TodoMovies 2 and go to Settings > Backup > Export Library TodoMovies 3 > Open in TodoMovies. TodoMovies 3 will then open with all of your movies migrated, whereupon you can already delete TodoMovies 2 without any loss of data. Make sure not to add movies to TodoMovies 3 before importing movies from TodoMovies 2, or your newly added movies will just be overwritten.
- Stunning design for iOS 7. Experience movies like never seen before on an iOS device.
- Browse movies by Genres, In Theaters and Upcoming.
- To Watch and Watched lists. Keep a list of movies you watched and want to watch.
- Cast profiles. Learn more about your favorite actors/directors and browse their movies.
- News. Read movies and celebrity news with TodoMovies 3's sleek news reader.
- Notifications. Automatically notifies you when a specfic movie is released in theaters.
- Trailers. Watch movie trailers in HD (or SD) in fullscreen without leaving TodoMovies 3.
- Photos. Browse movie photos and amazing fan-made artwork in full-screen. Photos can be saved, Airdropped, and even assigned to addressbook contacts.
- iTunes Store integration. Check available downloads in iTunes (soundtrack, games, books) for a certain movie. With a single tap.
- Search-as-you-type. Search quickly tens of thousands of movies and people.
- Gestures. Short/long right swipe to quickly add movies to your watch lists.
- Sharing. Share movies you just added or watched on Facebook/Twitter/iMessage/Email.
- Localized in 14 languages. Supports global release dates and localized trailers (if available).
- Backup. Ability to backup your watchlists as a single file which you can later import.
- No accounts required. There are no accounts or signups to use TodoMovies 3.
- No ads.