April 5, 2014
Captain Bubblenaut, the delightful arcade score 'em up reminiscent of Tiny Wings and Time Surfer, has just gone universal, nearly seven months after its launch. In Captain Bubblenaut, you must bounce the title character on and off the ground so that he can invade Planet Erf and obliterate all Erflings — thereby impressing his warmongering father, Admiral Pop. Captain Bubblenaut has the following key features:
If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Captain Bubblenaut has just received its first major update, which happens to be none other than its universal update. As a result, the game is now optimized for iPad and iPad mini as well as iPhone and iPod touch. "Captain Bubblenaut is now a Universal App!" developer Dean Tate notes. "Invade ERF on the iPad, where there's more room to bounce!" The update also includes a simplified swooping system, enhanced menu music, support for playing alternate music in the background, and various bug fixes. In addition, it adds support for iOS 6 to Captain Bubblenaut, which was previously compatible with iOS 7 only. The new universal version of Captain Bubblenaut is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $1.99 download. Captain Bubblenaut received an AppAdvice Game of the Week honorable mention shortly after its release last September. For more information on the game, check out our original "hidden gem" review. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Simple 1-touch "slide the ground" controls.
- Game Center support for 30 tricky achievements and competitive High Score leaderboard.
- Invade Egypt, San Francisco, Easter Island, Sydney, and more on a variety of terrains. Every game is different!
- Obliterate all ERFLINGS! Chefs, zombies, boxing champions, salarymen, super heroes, pirates, doctors, flying pigs, and many more!
- Music by Chris Remo (Idle Thumbs, Gone Home, Thirty Flights of Loving) and sound effects by Danny Baranowsky (Canabalt, Super Meat Boy, Binding of Isaac)