JoyJoy, a fun, addictive arcade-style shooter from the folks at RadianGames, has made an appearance on the App Store. You can download the new app now for $1.99, and it’s optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
We first told you about JoyJoy yesterday, and explained at the time that RadianGames’ new application sees players face 24 unique waves of assailants across six intense challenges. The app also features six upgradable weapons, and users can upgrade their ship’s speed, armor, and its “special attack,” too.
Five difficulty levels appear in the game alongside two special difficulty levels, and these are designed to provide players with “new ways to play the game,” the app’s developer explains.
Finally, support for Game Center allows iOS device owners to earn achievements in JoyJoy, and the app can also be used alongside MFi (Made for iPhone) game controllers – provided the device has dual analog sticks.
To recap, here’s a complete list of features made available in JoyJoy:
- Blast your way through 24 unique waves and 6 intense challenges.
- Upgrade 6 varied weapons, along with your ships’ speed, armor, and special attack.
- Choose one of 5 difficulty levels, with 2 bonus difficulty levels (Lightning and Armored) providing new ways to play the game.
- Track your progress with Achievements. Compare your best scores online with GameCenter leaderboards.
- Use the smooth, customizable virtual controls or an iOS7-compatible controller (dual analog sticks required).
We’ve also included a trailer for the game below.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnoFM7Dvk2w#t=16
If you can’t see the above video, please click this link.
JoyJoy can be downloaded for $1.99 on the App Store, and it’s optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Check back with us, because we’ll be going hands-on with a dedicated app review of JoyJoy in a few days.
See also: Darkin, A New ‘Link–3’ Game For iOS, Hits The App Store, Birdbrain Is Back: Gets Optimized For iOS 7, Adds Useful Twitter Graphs, and Shazam Now Offers A Better Experience When ‘Shazaming’ TV Shows, Adds LINE Sharing.[gallery]