July 10, 2014
At long last, the highly anticipated 0.9.0 update to Minecraft - Pocket Edition has arrived. The latest update to the immensely popular blocky sandbox game developed by Mojang has been much awaited by its legions of fans on account of its being the biggest update ever to come to the game. For one thing, it sees the introduction of unlimited worlds, which Mojang first teased by February and further touted last week with the 30-second trailer below: If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. So, without further ado, here's what's new in Minecraft - Pocket Edition 0.9.0, according to the update's release notes:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, Minecraft - Pocket Edition 0.9.0 is available now on the App Store as a free update or as a new $6.99 download. Go get it, mightily mad Minecrafters!
- Infinite worlds!
- Loads of new blocks and items including Monster Eggs and huge mushroom blocks.
- Wolves! Tame a loyal companion.
- Loads of new flowers! So pretty.
- New mobs, including the spooky endermen and less spooky Mooshrooms.
- New biomes from the PC version, including mesas, jungles, swamps and extreme hills.
- Abandoned mineshafts, villages, and many other cool places to explore.
- A brand-new “interaction” button. Never accidentally punch a sheep again!
- New feature generation, including lakes, vines and monster rooms.
- Many bugs fixed, and possibly a few added.
Minecraft – Pocket Edition