To be sure, this isn’t the first appearance of the supernatural comedy franchise in Respawnables, considering that “Ghostbusters” content was first added to the game in May last year.
But in celebration of the franchise’s 30th anniversary, new “Ghostbusters” characters, elements, and other items has just been added to Respawnables.
Now, you can become a Ghostbuster and hunt down Slimer, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, and other paranormal creatures to unlock additional “Ghostbusters”-inspired content for free, including:
- Ghostbusters’ complete set: Dress yourself as a true Ghostbuster. Now with special abilities against energy-based weapons!
- Ectoplasm-Gold Converter: This exclusive and powerful gear can only be obtained by completing the event. Use it to turn all that sticky Ectoplasm into something more useful: Gold!
- Plasma Shotgun: The perfect marriage between a shotgun and an energy-based weapon.
- New Plasma Punch and Zap Gun skins: These Ghostbusters themed makeovers make them even more ghost-scary.
- Official Ghostbusters’ Trap: Just like with the real one, no ghost or enemy will escape this powerful containment system.
- Energy Grenade: Blast and stun your enemies with this high energy explosive device.
Alternatively, you can get the complete Ghostbusters set and the official Proton Gun by unlocking the updated Egon’s Ghostbusters kit via in-app purchase for a limited time only.
See also: Terraria for iOS gets biggest update yet featuring Hard Mode, combat targeting and more, Gameloft’s Heroes of Order & Chaos is first mobile MOBA to feature Twitch integration, and Asphalt 8: Airborne goes to Dubai, gets updated with improved Twitch integration.