The so-called “enhanced edition” of the classic Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) RPG Icewind Dale is coming soon from Beamdog.
Originally released for Windows in 2000, Icewind Dale is an RPG set in Wizards of the Coast’s Forgotten Realms campaign in the D&D universe.
The game’s upcoming enhanced edition offers the following new features for players on iOS as well as Mac, PC and Android devices:
- Swords and Sorcery: Discover dozens of new spells and items, including new magic armor and weapons.
- Blackguards and Wizard Slayers: Select from almost 40 new kits and classes to create the perfect adventuring party.
- A New Look: Experience the Enhanced Edition’s all new interface, including the new Quickloot bar.
- Bring A Friend: Join your fellow adventurers in cooperative, cross-platform multiplayer games.
- See The Unseen: Explore quest content cut from the original game, now finished and restored.
- More to Experience: Enjoy the countless bug fixes and improvements that await you in Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition!
Check out the announcement trailer for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition:
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
A definite release schedule is yet to be announced for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. But its desktop edition is already available for preorder for $19.99.
Icewinde Dale: Enhanced Edition for iOS is expected to go for at least $14.99, which is the price of Baldur’s Gate II. Baldur’s Gate is a bit cheaper at $9.99.
In other D&D mobile gaming news, DragonVale and Paper Toss developer Backflip Studios recently announced that it’s working on a castle defense game based on D&D, scheduled for release sometime next year.