Weather Underground has just released a new app for iPad. Called WunderStation, the app leverages the popular weather service’s network of more than 37,000 personal weather stations (PWS) around the world.
WunderStation lets you tap into said PWS network to easily view, analyze, compare and share current and historical weather data. The app has the following key features:
- View current conditions from any weather station including temperature, feels-like temperatures, wind speed and direction, wind gusts, humidity, dew point, pressure, rain accumulation and rate, and moon phase
- 10-day and hourly forecasts including temperature, feels like, dewpoint, pressure, humidity, chance of precipitation, cloud cover, wind speed and direction, sunrise and sunset
- Historical highs and lows for temperature, humidity, pressure, rain accumulation, rain rate, and dewpoint viewable by days, weeks, months, or years
- Sky conditions including sunrise, sunset, total hours of day, total hours of night, and moon phases
- Rainfall totals and rain rate, with ability to set your own water year
- Customizable graphs: overlay as many or as few measurements as you’d like and compare historical conditions
- Drag, drop, add or delete content widgets to create a customized experience according to your data preferences
- Animated wind direction, rainfall totals, and temperature
- Toggle between different viewing options: infographic or graph view
- View a map of all 37,000 weather stations in Weather Underground’s network and save any station to your list
- Swipe right and left to view your saved stations
If you’re an owner of a PWS, you can also use the app to update your station’s status and to enable solar radiation and UV index widgets for your compatible station.