Inspired by Avenged Sevenfold’s logo and mascot, Hail to the King: Deathbat is a third-person overhead dungeon-crawler action RPG that follows the story of Andronikos, “the resurrected King of the Underworld and the embodiment of the Deathbat.”
The game features levels loosely based on Avenged Sevenfold’s music and enhanced with an original 8-bit score composed by the band. It also lets you unlock playable characters based on the members of the band.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
Hail to the King: Deathbat also includes the following features:
- 7 new paintings by artist Cam Rackam
- 14 pieces of never-before seen artwork intended for use in earlier albums
- Jimmy ”The Rev” Sullivan plays an integral part in the storyline and can be unlocked
- Rich, immersive storyline that will appeal to gamers and fans of the band alike
- Interact with non-playable characters to learn about and solve the mysteries of the island
- Unlock new weapons and magical abilities to defeat enemy hoards and difficult bosses
- 10-12 hours of gameplay
- Additional “Nightmare Mode” for those who are able to beat the regular game (adds an additional 10-12 hours of gameplay)
For more new iOS game releases of note, see also: Sentinels of the Multiverse comics-style card game now playable on iPad, NBA 2K15 out now on iOS, featuring Kevin Durant and soundtrack curated by Pharrell, and Rovio rolls out Angry Birds Transformers on iOS worldwide.