Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath, the acclaimed action-adventure game originally released for Xbox in 2005, has arrived on iOS.
The game has you playing as the title character, a tall, dark, and enigmatic bounty hunter with a “live ammunition” — a phrase which here means “firing insects and small animals” — crossbow. Stranger is on a mission to capture outlaws, collect bounties, and earn enough moolah for a mysterious operation.
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath boasts the following key features:
- Explore living towns, lush forests, and massive industrial facilities
- Seamlessly transition between first-person shooter and third-person platformer
- Scour your surroundings for live ammo
- Work with a range of strategies to surprise, stun, lure, blast and bag devious outlaws
- Meet incredibly odd, funny and smack-talking townsfolk, enemies and natives
- Fight dozens of varied bosses with outlandish arsenals and outrageous names
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
In its translation to iOS, Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath has gained new controls optimized for mobile (including gamepad support), advanced mobile graphics, and cloud integration for saving game progress across mobile devices.
For more new iOS games of note, see also: Gameloft bakes new Pastry Paradise match-three puzzle game for iOS, Help Raby rescue his friends and defeat the mad mushrooms in this beautiful and challenging platformer, and Turn your basketball knowledge to slam dunks in Chillingo’s The Official NBA Quiz for iOS.