The photo metadata removal app Metapho has just received its first major update, thereby gaining a new extension and universal support.
Since its launch shortly after the release of iOS 8 in September, Metapho has offered the ability to remove the metadata of photos (including file size, camera model, ISO, shutter speed, location, and more) without duplication in the app itself and in the Photos app using its Remove Metadata extension.
Now, as noted by MacStories, Metapho has been updated with a new Action extension that offers access to the app’s functionality from any other app with iOS 8’s native share sheet.
In addition, Metapho has a new Safe Share feature, available in the app itself and through the Action extension, that temporarily removes metadata before sharing.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
The new Metapho update also includes the following improvements and fixes:
- Removing metadata functionality now also deletes location data in the Photos Library database. And restoring works as expected too.
- You’ve seen sudden jump of information view when you’re swiping through photos? Fixed.
- Gigantic, huge image’s thumbnail black–out is fixed.
- Honest sorry screen added: A photo edit extension can’t handle a panorama image properly.
- Little glitches here and there fixed.
Originally released for iPhone and iPod touch, Metapho has also been updated with universal support for iPad. What’s more, it’s now optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
Note that Remove Metadata and Safe Share are premium features that may be unlocked via a single $1.99 in-app purchase.
See also: Quickly and easily delete your old and unwanted screenshots with Screeny for iOS, Easily share what’s on your iPhone #Homescreen with this new app from Betaworks, and Yahoo acquires startup behind Cooliris photo app and BeamIt messaging app.