Private social networking app Mustbin updated with secure messaging enhancements
The “Bincrypted” social networking app Mustbin has just been updated with new features and improvements that enhance its privacy and security.
Released in November last year, Mustbin was initially envisioned as an app for sharing photos and documents within private social networks. In May, it was upgraded with a new messaging feature within the same.
Now, Mustbin's messaging feature has been bolstered with the addition of several significant features, most notably the ability to delete messages from all recipients' devices and not just the sender's:
- True Message Deletion – Delete messages you’ve sent – from everyone's phone, not just your own. Just tap and hold and delete.
- Secure Group Messaging – Talk with as many people as you want. It’s all private all the time.
- Audience View – See who you’re messaging (slide it up and out of the way if you want).
- Custom Message Sound – So you know it’s a secure message from Mustbin.
- Improved Message Delivery and Background Syncing – No more waiting for messages to load.
- Haptic Feedback – Get a small vibration in the app when you get a message.
- Automatically add new contacts when you message them.
The latest update to Mustbin also lets users review and remember their security answers during signup in case they forget their passwords.
The new version of Mustbin also includes various bug fixes and improvements.
Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later, but not yet designed for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Mustbin is available on the App Store for free, with 4GB of free storage.
See also: WeChat updated with share extension, storage manager and other new features, Facebook unveils new Stickered app and send states for Messenger, and Samsung to shut down cross-platform messaging app ChatOn early next year.