The Apple Watch has only been available to preorder for an hour or so, but shipping estimates for a large number of models are already slipping drastically in the Apple Online Store. Certain models, like the Apple Watch with Sport Band, had been listed as delivering from 4/24, but now display shipping estimates of “4–6 weeks.” For further models, delivery estimates are now even further back.
MacRumors has usefully compiled a list of current shipping estimates for each Apple Watch model, though of course, these are likely to change with each passing hour. Some early observations, though, are that many models which had displayed 4/24–5/8 delivery estimates, like the aforementioned Sport Band-equipped Apple Watch model, and numerous Apple Watch Sport configurations, are indeed displaying new delivery estimates ranging from “4–6 weeks” to the more ambiguous “June.” It also seems, more generally speaking, that 42mm models have proven far more popular than 38mm models; many of Cupertino’s smaller Apple Watches are still showing their 4/24–5/8 estimate, while all 42mm Sport models are estimated as shipping in June.
Of course, demand for the product should come as no surprise: Angela Ahrendts, SVP Retail at Apple, indeed warned customers that Apple Watch demand could outweigh supply, and as such the company chose to make all orders for the wearable online-only for the smartwatch’s launch period. Customers can still try on an Apple Watch in Apple Retail Stores from today, but orders for the device are indeed “online exclusive” for the time being.
Here’s the full list of shipping estimates for the Apple Watch (via MacRumors), as of 01:10 a.m. PDT:
- Apple Watch Sport White 38mm: 4–6 weeks
- Apple Watch Sport White 42mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Blue 38mm: Delivers 4/24 to 5/8
- Apple Watch Sport Blue 42mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Green 38mm: Delivers 4/24 to 5/8
- Apple Watch Sport Green 42mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Pink 38mm: 4–6 weeks
- Apple Watch Sport Pink 42mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Space Gray 38mm: 4–6 weeks
- Apple Watch Sport Space Gray 42mm: June
- Apple Watch with Sport Band: 4–6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Classic Buckle: Delivers 4/24 to 5/8
- Apple Watch with Milanese Loop: 4–6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Leather Loop: 4–6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Modern Buckle (Brown): 4–6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Modern Buckle (Black): 4–6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Modern Buckle (Soft Pink): June
- Apple Watch with Modern Buckle (Blue): June
- Apple Watch with Link Bracelet Stainless Steel: 4–6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Link Bracelet Space Gray: June
- Apple Watch Edition Rose Gold: July
- Apple Watch Edition Yellow Gold: August
Do remember, however, that not all of the above models listed a 4/24–5/8 delivery estimate to begin with, meaning the list itself doesn’t provide a direct insight into the most and least popular models. That being said, it’s clear that certain models – and especially the 42mm case size – are a big hit with consumers.
On a side note, it seems Apple’s preorder system, at least for many users, has been greatly improved this time around. Though a few of us are having trouble with the website’s “Check your order” page, the process of preordering a Watch wasn’t nearly as troublesome as other Apple product preorders have been in the past. I used the Apple Store app on my iPad and, after a few attempts, managed to get an order through a couple of minutes after preorders launched.
You can preorder an Apple Watch now in the Apple Online Store. Prices start at $349 and climb all the way up to $17,000.
See also: Zen Studios’ CastleStorm: Free to Siege gets a killer PVP multiplayer mode, Apple Watch preordering finally begins in the US, 8 other nations, and Post perfect photos on Instagram for iOS with the app’s new Color and Fade tools.