Apple has just released iOS and iPadOS 14.2 to the public. You can download the update on your iPhone or iPad now by heading to Settings > General > Software Update.
The software offers a number of new features.
Emoji fans will be happy to hear that there are more than 100 new options to try out.
Along with eight new wallpapers with both light and dark mode versions, you can find new AirPlay controls to stream content throughout a home. The software also brings Intercom support with HomePod and HomePod mini.
Here’s the entire rundown:
iOS 14.2 includes the following improvements for your iPhone:
– Over 100 new emoji, including animals, food, faces, household objects, musical instruments, gender-inclusive emoji, and more
– Eight new wallpapers in both light and dark mode versions
– Magnifier can detect people nearby, and report their distance using the LiDAR sensor included in iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
– Support for iPhone 12 Leather Sleeve with MagSafe
– Optimized battery charging for AirPods to slow the rate of battery aging by reducing the time your AirPods spends fully charged
– Headphone audio level notifications to alert you when audio level could impact your hearing
– New AirPlay controls to stream entertainment throughout your home
– Intercom support with HomePod and HomePod mini using iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods, and CarPlay
– Ability to connect HomePod to Apple TV 4K for stereo, surround sound, and Dolby Atmos audio
– Option to provide statistics about Exposure Notifications, without identifying you, to participating Public Health Authorities
There are also a number of bug fixes for both iPhone and iPad users.