Watch the trailer
Open Google Drive files in Docs. These can be personal files or files you've shared with collaborators. All changes will instantly be saved to Drive as you make them, and you're always working on the latest version of a file. This is a great way to keep everyone up-to-speed with the latest work and updates without having to ask everyone if they received the latest file.
The best collaboration. Type and edit documents in real time with collaborators, and see what edits they're making right before your eyes. Google Docs is one of the best ways to work on documents and projects together with other people and see the results happen right before your eyes. It's perfect for college students working on a project or even professionals who need to get things done.
What is it about?
When constructing a document for any reason – especially school projects – doing so with a group of people can often be a hassle. Thankfully, Google Docs and other web apps within the Google Drive suite can take some of the pain out of hearing the words "group essay." For those who have used desktop word processors such as Microsoft Word, Google Docs' interface will be familiar as you use it to create and edit documents. However, the real magic comes in when you share your documents with other Google users and can watch them edit with you online. See who's typing and where, suggest edits, and view extensive revision history so you can know exactly who to blame for removing an entire paragraph. On iOS in particular, you can take this functionality on the go – and even offline – with the Google Docs iOS app.
For those who...
- Need to collaborate on documents
- Are looking for a trustworthy cloud-based documents editor that is mostly free
Not for those who...
- Need the advanced functionality of alternatives such as Microsoft Word (and are willing to give up some collaborative abilities in return)
- Want a plain text editor
Why we love it
The collaboration abilities in Google Docs are unmatched by similar services. And since you probably already have an account, your work is already in there. Odds are you're already using the web version to manage documents and spreadsheets, so making the jump to mobile means you don't even have a tough transition to make.
App Store Description
Create, edit, and collaborate on online documents with the Google Docs app.
Work together in real time
• Share documents with your team
• Edit, comment, and add action items in real time
• Never lose changes or previous versions of your document with version history
Create anywhere, anytime—even offline
• Capture spontaneous ideas on the fly
• Get things done, even on the go, with offline mode
• Save time and add polish with easy-to-use templates
Search Google right in Docs
• Use Google Search without leaving your document
• Search the web and your files in Drive, right from Docs
Edit and share multiple file types
• Open a variety of files, including Microsoft Word files, right in Google Docs
• Frictionless collaboration, no matter which application your teammates use
• Convert and export files seamlessly
Google Docs is part of Google Workspace: where teams of any size can chat, create, and collaborate.
Google Workspace subscribers have access to additional Google Docs features, including:
• Working in a single document with teammates or people outside your company. See edits as others type, communicate through built-in chat, and leave feedback through comments and suggestions
• Importing your documents to make them instantly editable, including Microsoft® Word and PDF files. Export your work in .docx, .pdf, .odt, .rtf, .txt or .html format
• Unlimited version history. Track changes made to your documents and undo anything you choose.
• Working across devices, with or without Internet
Camera: This is used to take photos to insert into documents.
Photos: This is used to access photos under the control of Photos Application to let the users pick images to insert into documents.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.