The Outlook name has long had a reputation of bringing workplace-related productivity features to email, and the iOS version is no exception. Combine this with the fact that the app is easy to use and supports most email accounts, it can also be a solid option for personal use.
Check the details on WatchAware
A more powerful inbox. Outlook features a Focused inbox that surfaces your most important messages on top. It also supports swipe gestures to let you quickly schedule, delete and archive messages, and smart filters to help you manage your inbox more easily. It's a fast and intuitive way to filter through your inbox, and once you get used to it, it's hard to go back.
Faster scheduling. With its integrated calendar, Outlook lets you easily switch between your emails and events to schedule your next or share your availability. So now it is super easy to manage both your email and schedule in one place. Scheduling that next important business meeting has never been easier.
Attachments made easy. Outlook lets you seamlessly attach files from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and other storage services. It even allows you to open a Word, Excel or other Office document attachment to edit it in its corresponding app and then attach the edited version to an email you want to send. So no matter what file it is that you need to share through email, Outlook has you covered with a myriad of cloud storage solution options.
Touch ID protection. Outlook lets you protect your inbox and keep your emails private by having the app require your fingerprint to access its contents. To enable Touch ID protection with Outlook, just turn on the switch for the “Require Touch ID” option in the app’s Settings section. No more stranger's eyes prying through those important and potentially confidential emails again!
What is it about?
After acquiring the widely loved Acompli email client, Microsoft set out to create a feature-full, reliable, and easy-to-use email app for iOS. And they have definitely succeeded with Outlook. Although the app is arguably the best option for users of Microsoft's various email services, it also provides fantastic support for those using other options including Gmail, Yahoo!, iCloud, or any IMAP account.
For those who...
- Are looking for an alternative to the native Mail app
- Use Microsoft's email services
- Appreciate features that go above and beyond in an app that's kept simple
Not for those who...
- Rely on specific features for an email service that are only supported in a particular app
- Would like reminders and snoozes to sync across devices
Why we love it
This app doesn't discriminate when it comes to services it supports, and it packs useful features into a nice user interface.
App Store Description
“The best email app for the iPhone.” - The Verge
Meet Outlook for iOS, the app that helps millions of users connect all their email accounts, calendars and files in one convenient spot. Newly redesigned, Outlook for iOS lets you do more from one powerful inbox.
See what matters most first with the Focused inbox that keeps the important messages on top. Switch between your emails and calendar to schedule your next meeting or share your availability with just a few taps. Or grab a document from your Files list and attach it to an email seamlessly.
With everything you need only a tap away, managing your busy days is now easier than ever.
Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud.
Here’s what you’ll love about Outlook for iOS:
Seamless inbox management
- A “Focused” inbox that displays your most important messages first. The more you use it, the smarter it gets.
- Swipe gestures to quickly schedule, delete and archive messages.
- Smart filters to help you sort through your inbox.
Easy access to calendar and files
- Share your meeting availability with just a tap and easily find times to meet with others.
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more, without having to download them to your phone.
Work on the go
- Open Word, Excel, or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding app and attach them back to an email.
- Set your Out of Office messages directly from your iPhone or iPad.
- Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
Try other great Microsoft apps for iOS: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Skype, and Wunderlist.