Watch the trailer
Check the details on WatchAware
Voice translation. Speak in your own language and Microsoft Translator will automatically translate it to the other language you've set.
Image translation. Take a photo or load an image from your camera roll to have Microsoft Translator automatically put the translation over the original text.
Text translation. Just type the text you want to translate and Microsoft Translator will translate it in no time.
What is it about?
Microsoft Translator lets you translate phrases and text in several ways. You can type the text you want translated. You can speak it aloud. You can also take or load a photo of an image containing text.
For those who...
- ... frequently travels to different countries. ... have friends and family members who speak foreign languages. ... want quick assistance when learning a new language.
Not for those who...
- ... has no need at all for translating phrases. ... wants instant image translation as in Google Translate.
Why we love it
In addition to typed-text and image translation, Microsoft Translator features voice translation, which automatically translate the phrases spoken into it. This allows you to conduct natural cross-language conversations in person using just your iPhone or, better yet, with your Apple Watch.
App Store Description
Microsoft Translator is a free, personal translation app for more than 70 languages, to translate text, voice, conversations, camera photos and screenshots. You can even download languages for offline translation for free to use when you travel!
• Text translation into over 70 languages*, for online and offline use
• Camera translation to translate text within photos and screenshots
• Voice translation to translate speech, and a split-screen mode for two participants having a bilingual conversation
• Multi-person conversation translation - connect your devices and have in-person conversations with up to 100 people across multiple languages
• Phrasebooks for verified translations and pronunciation guides to help you learn important phrases in foreign languages when you travel
• Look up alternate translations and meanings of a word to find the best translation to express yourself
• Download languages for offline use for when you travel without an internet connection
• Hear your translated phrase out loud to help you learn how to say the translation
• View transliterations (pronunciation guides) to help you pronounce the translation (includes Pinyin support for Chinese)
• Share your translations with other apps
• Pin and save your most frequent translations for later
• Translate websites on Safari using the Microsoft Translator browser extension
• Speak to your Apple watch to get an instant translation
• Automatically sync translations between your phone and Apple watch
Translator supports the following languages: Afrikaans, Arabic, Bangla, Bosnian (Latin), Bulgarian, Cantonese (Traditional), Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Fijian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong Daw, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kiswahili, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Quer'etaro Otomi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tahitian, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tongan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, and Yucatec Maya.
Microsoft Translator is powered by cutting-edge technology used by Office, Bing, Skype, Internet Explorer as well as by partners such as Twitter, Yelp, eBay, WeChat and more.
*Some features are not available in all languages.
// Request for User Permissions //
1. View Network access
To detect whether the device is on Wi-Fi, mobile data, or not connected to a network. This helps the app know whether it should translate while online, or use an offline language pack.
2. Network access
For access to Wi-Fi or mobile data to perform text or speech translations, and download offline language packs.
To take pictures for image translations, and to scan QR codes when joining a conversation.
To translate speech.
To open photos from the device for image translation.
To open photos from the device for image translation, and to save downloaded offline language packs.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.