September 11, 2012
Following its Smart Station and BMW integration updates in the past few months, Stitcher Radio has once again received another significant update. This time around, the update is so significant as to move the app all the way to version 5.0. Stitcher Radio 5.0 introduces, most notably, a new offline mode. A much-requested feature, offline mode lets you listen to your shows in the popular universal radio app even without an Internet connection. As explained in the app update’s release notes, “Stitcher automatically updates in the background when you open the app, so you’re always up to date.” You also have the option to allow Stitcher to automatically update via Wi-Fi only. This way, you don’t have to worry about overcharging on your cellular data plan. And if you’re worried about device storage, you can always look at the amount currently being used by Stitcher. As well, you can always delete saved shows with a single tap. In addition to the new offline mode, the following enhancements are delivered through the app’s 5.0 update:
Stitcher Radio 5.0 is available now in the App Store for free. Download it now while you're online and start using it even when you're not. [gallery link="file"]
- New! Comments – See what other people are saying about your favorite episodes and join the conversation.
- Easier Sharing to Facebook – Keep the sharing alive with pre-populated show descriptions, sources and a bigger comment box.
- Improved Search – It’s even easier to search for past episodes on iPad.
- Improved AirPlay and connected device integration – Stitcher will always pass show information to iPod/iPhone compatible devices and AirPlay.
- Key usability improvements and crash fixes – Stitcher is more reliable and intuitive, with improvements to make searching and playing shows even easier.