by Joe White
May 6, 2013
The popular productivity app, Drafts for iPhone and iPad, has received an update. However, while version 3.0.2 of the application now includes a new feature, impressive changes, and performance improvements, the iPad app also suffers from the presence of a problematic bug. Namely, if Drafts for iPad users have the option "Create new draft when returning to app ..." enabled in version 3.0.2, upon launching the application Drafts will crash. In order to avoid this issue, users must configure the above setting to "Never." A fix for this bug has been submitted to the App Store and will be available soon, in version 3.0.3 of Drafts. As outlined in the app's release notes, more useful changes to appear in the recently updated application include:
As of this minute, Drafts 3.0.2 is available to download in the App Store for the iPhone and iPad, for $2.99 and $3.99 respectively. Take a look at the updated application now, though do watch out for the above issue! For further app news articles, see: Creativity-Boosting App Oflow Gets Biggest Update Yet, It's The Video-Sharing App That Keeps On Giving: Givit Gains Another Big Update, and Crossword Meets Word Search In Clever Clues, Now With Universal Support.
- **New**: Tap in left/right margins to move cursor when editing a draft.
- **Change**: Newly pinned drafts should appear at top of Pinned list.
- **Change**: Better theming on iPad extended keyboard (avoids transparency issues).
- **Change**: Increase spacing between pin and delete buttons.
- **Fix**: Show two lines of draft in preview.
- **Fix**: New draft created using "> New" feature was not saved until edited.
- **Fix**: Email "Share Action" URL encoding problem.
- **Fix**: Change to Evernote SDK initialization to better support Evernote China.
- **Fix**: Confirmation of "Delete" action could not be disabled.
- **Fix**: Selecting contact on new Message Actions could create a duplicate action.
- **Fix**: Voiceover improvements (still more to come).
Drafts for iPad