May 18, 2013
According to Stitcher, an impressive 60 percent of its listeners use its Stitcher Radio app while driving. Now, if you're part of this percentage, you'll be delighted to learn that a new feature has just been added to Stitcher Radio for iOS just for you. The new feature is called Car Mode, and it offers a simplified interface aimed at keeping your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road more than ever. You can access Car Mode just by tapping the Stitcher logo at the top of any screen in the app. This makes it simpler and, more importantly, safer to listen to Stitcher during your drive. Stitcher Radio has also been updated with a couple of new features and improvements. One new feature is the choice to listen to archives of your favorite shows either in conventional "newest first" order or in reverse chronological order. And the other new feature is the ability to quickly access the sleep timer via the player screen. Just tap the equalizer icon while listening to set the sleep timer. The latest update to Stitcher Radio also includes the following improvements:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, the new version of Stitcher Radio is available now in the App Store for free. Stitcher Radio is included in AppAdvice's Best iOS Radio Apps and Podcast Apps AppGuides. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Redesigned Front Page, bringing you breaking news headlines from your favorite media sources.
- Easier one-tap access to the shows you're looking for via search.
- Faster playback start up for shows you've already started listening to.
- Now it’s even easier for new users to get started with our new wizard.
- Improved memory management and bug fixes.