by Joe White
October 4, 2013
Apple released updates for OS X and iTunes recently, but alongside these came another release for the Cupertino, Calif. company's iAd Producer application. Thanks to the update, developers now have the option of creating iAds for display inside of iTunes Radio, meaning users of the service could see a larger range of advertisements appear within the music streaming service in the near future. The news reached us from 9to5Mac, which explains that iAd Producer - an application that allows developers to create ads to be released using the iAd Network - received the update alongside OS X 10.8.5 and iTunes 11.1. Changes to the app, according to Apple, include:
As a reminder, iTunes Radio reached iDevices with iOS 7, and the service is free - albeit ad-supported - for users based in the United States. So far, a number of big name brands, including Nissan, have signed-up as ad partners with the service, however developers can also bring their own iAds to iTunes Radio using the updated iAd Producer app. Apple's iAd Producer, along with OS X 10.8.5 and iTunes 11.1, can be downloaded now. See also: Popular Productivity App Awesome Note Updated To Version 7.0 For iOS 7, Apple To Launch Its Volume Purchase Program In The Mac App Store, and Disney's Story App Gains New Features And Enhancements Through First Major Update.
- Support for creating iTunes Radio ads for iOS devices.
- Simplified, more flexible interface for iAd Blueprints projects.
- Support for creating iAd Blueprints projects that support multiple languages.
- Improved action support in Quick Preview.
- Improved search results in Code Documentation.
- Live asset previews during drag-and-drop.
- Support for grouping and ungrouping views.
- CSS class auto-completion in the Object Inspector.
- Support for taking photos and using the front-facing camera.
- Accessibility improvements for exported content.
- Music video support in iTunes LP content
- Other bug fixes and improvements.