October 24, 2013
The official Fandango iOS app has just been redesigned for iOS 7 and updated with several new features as well as a returning one. Over a month after the launch of the latest major iteration of Apple's mobile operating system, Fandango has finally been given a fresh coat of paint based on the design of iOS 7. Note, though, that Fandango's iOS 7 redesign appears to have been initially applied to the app's iPhone and iPod touch edition. Fandango for iPad does exhibit some slight design tweaks, but it mostly retains its old interface. The latest update to Fandango also sees the return of the Go Now feature on iPhone and iPod touch. With this feature, you can quickly purchase tickets for movies showing nearby and having showtimes scheduled within 90 minutes. Here's everything that's new in the new version of Fandango for iOS, as outlined in the release notes for the app's latest update:
The new version of Fandango is available now in the App Store for free. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 6.0 or later. Late last May, Apple's iTunes Movie Trailers app received an update that added integration with the Fandango app for purchasing movie tickets. As it happens, iTunes Movie Trailers has also been recently redesigned for iOS 7. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- We’ve updated our app with a new full screen look for iOS7
- Multitasking made easy: you can now watch trailers & purchase tickets right from Spotlight. You can also filter movies in theaters by genre (comedy, family, etc)
- Exclusive videos, video galleries; offers & sweepstakes – they’re all at your fingertips
- Search is smarter with a new predictive search feature making it easier to look up movies, theaters and people
- And by popular demand – we brought back Go Now! Heading to the movies now? Simply tap on Go Now, find a movie at your local theater & purchase your tickets and enjoy!