October 3, 2013
As it turns out, Ironhide Game Studio is not quite done yet with the original Kingdom Rush tower defense games for iPhone and iPad. Released in December 2011, Kingdom Rush had become such a big hit that it warranted a sequel, which it finally got early last June in the form of Kingdom Rush Frontiers. Presumably, Ironhide Game Studio has focused its development efforts on Kingdom Rush Frontiers and let Kingdom Rush be. But as evidenced by the latest update to the original games, Kingdom Rush lives on. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. The new update brings a new battle, as Moloch the Archdevil has opened a portal from the netherworld to terrorize Linirea. And so begins the Burning Torment campaign in Kingdom Rush:
Compatible with iDevices running iOS 4.3 or later, the new versions of Kingdom Rush for iPhone and Kingdom Rush HD for iPad are available now in the App Store. The former costs $0.99, while the latter costs $2.99. Kingdom Rush Frontiers for iPhone and Kingdom Rush Frontiers HD for iPad, which were updated for the first time a couple of months ago, are available in the App Store for $2.99 and $4.99, respectively. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- 2 new stages! Face the demon hordes in the Rift of Cinders and close the portal to Pandemonium!
- 5 new enemies from the netherworld! Face Legions of demons, fire hurling Flareons and The Cerberus!
- Boss fight: Moloch the Archdevil is waiting in his throne behind the portal! Can you end its reign?
- 2 new heroes: Play as Oni the honorable demonic samurai or Hacksaw the gnome tinker with its marvelous contraption!
- New achievements and Easter eggs!
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.