December 5, 2013
Plex, the popular iOS companion app of the popular media server of the same name, has just been updated for iOS 7. Indeed, Plex has just received its long-awaited iOS 7 update. And as expected, the update introduces a revamped interface that matches the look and feel of iOS 7. Specifically, the new design skews, so to speak, away from the textured buttons and other outdated UI elements of the app's versions of old. The newly iOS 7-optimized Plex also features a redesigned video player and an improved music player. Apart from its design tweaks, the latest update to Plex adds automatic URL detection on the clipboard for quick queuing to myPlex. Moreover, it delivers the following fixes:
The new version of Plex is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $4.99 download. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.1.1. or later. Plex is included in AppAdvice's Best iPad Movie Streaming Apps.
- A UI hang when changing connectivity settings.
- A nasty bug where entering sections with non-latin characters could crash the app.
- Another UI hang when canceling and backing out of a library.
- Synced content could sometimes appear mistakingly in Shared Libraries.
- Synced content could become unplayable after being reconverted by the media server.
- An issue flinging some video content to iOS.