In celebration of the season of goodwill, Apple has given its AppleCare employees three particular Christmas gifts this year: a windbreaker jacket, a pen, and a paper notebook.
Each one features an Apple logo either engraved or printed on the gift, as you can see in the above image. The Cupertino, Calif. company often provides its staff with gifts over the holidays and at other points during the year; flashlights were given out earlier in 2013, and back in December 2011 Apple gave its staff hoodies for Christmas.
It seems the windbreaker jacket, pen, and notebook are gifts for AppleCare employees only. Apple Retail Staff, on the other hand, are said to have received discounted iTunes Gift Cards and accessories this holiday season. Our report provided an overview of the accessories on offer:
- Belkin WeMo Switch at 50% off
- Philips Disney Friends of Hue StoryLight for 40% off
- Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth Speaker for 50% off
- LifeProof cases for the iPad for 50% off
- Tech 21 cases for 65% off
- Jawbone Up 24 for 40% off
- Nike + FuelBand SE for 50% off
- Incase Neoprene Sleeves for 50% off
- JayBird BlueBuds X Premium Bluetooth Headphones for 50% off
- Beats by Dr. Dre In-Ear Headphones for 40% off
- Speck SmartShells for the Mac for 60% off
This year has brought a number of changes to AppleCare, and it’s nice to see Apple reward its staff. Forming part of a move to encourage at-home troubleshooting (rather than a Genius Bar visit), AppleCare now allows users to initiate a screen sharing session with representatives and a revamped AppleCare website featuring a new design, 24/7 live chat support, and more launched back in August in the United States (before rolling out internationally).
See also: Day 3 Of Apple’s 12 Days Of Gifts Offers “Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2014” For iBooks, Evad3rs Bring Evasi0n 1.0.1 Update To All Users With Evasi0n 7.x Untether Package, and Tweetbot For Mac Gets Updated With Fixes For Several Annoying Issues.