It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Because not only has Apple launched holiday-themed Apple Retail Store storefronts and announced its Christmas shipping deadlines, but now we're also hearing that retail staff are being presented with two holiday discounts this December.
Apple usually offers its retail staff Christmas gifts, and this year the gesture is two-fold. First, we're hearing that Apple Retail Store staff are able to pick up a $50 iTunes Gift Card for $10 off, which is a rather meagre offering compared with the free Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 devices Google is reportedly giving its workforce this holiday season.
Plus, one might add that even with Black Friday behind us, it's possible to pick up reduced iTunes Gift Cards from countless retailers, at least in the United States.
More interesting, however, is Apple's Christmas offer of heavily discounted third-party accessories. These are available for staff only, and provide price reductions of up to 65 percent. Included in this offering is the Belkin WeMo Switch (which we'll be reviewing in the coming weeks), a bunch of LifeProof iPad cases, and two activity monitors: Jawbone's UP24, and the Nike+ FuelBand SE.
Here's a list of the products said to be included in the promotion, which reached us from 9to5mac:
- Belkin WeMo Switch at 50% off
- Philips Disney Friends of Hue StoryLight for 40% off
- Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth Speaker for 50% off
- LifeProof cases for the iPad for 50% off
- Tech 21 cases for 65% off
- Jawbone Up 24 for 40% off
- Nike + FuelBand SE for 50% off
- Incase Neoprene Sleeves for 50% off
- JayBird BlueBuds X Premium Bluetooth Headphones for 50% off
- Beats by Dr. Dre In-Ear Headphones for 40% off
- Speck SmartShells for the Mac for 60% off
Is anything on that list set to feature in your Christmas stocking this year?
See also: Elements For Dropbox Redesigned For iOS 7 And Updated With New Features, Apple Pays Tribute To Nelson Mandela On Its Homepage, and Bing For iPad 2.0 Features iOS 7 Redesign, Gift Finder And Other Enhancements.