January 2, 2014
Another week, another notable update to the AppAdvice App of the Week honorable mention podcast app Castro. Released just three weeks ago, Castro received its first update a couple of weeks ago, thereby improved with playback speed adjustments and several minor fixes. Then, just last week, the app was updated with more fixes and, most notably, feed URL support for subscribing to podcasts that are not searchable within its catalog. Now, Castro has been updated with yet another notable feature in the form of OPML import support. As a result, you can now easily import your subscriptions from other podcast apps via OPML. Castro now appears as one of the "Open In..." inter-app options when you open an OPML file. Castro now also supports OPML export via the
castro://exportURL scheme. The latest update to Castro also delivers the following fixes:
The new version of Castro is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $2.99 download. The app is optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later. For more information on Castro, check out our original review of the app here on AppAdvice. And for more notable podcast apps, check out AppAdvice’s Podcast Apps AppGuide.
- Fixes an issue where section headers could disappear on the episodes tab.
- Fixes a crash that would occur if one of the larger cache sizes were selected.
- Fixes a crash that would occur when tapping + to search if you had a telephone number in the clipboard.
- Fixes issue where episodes of certain podcasts could be found a few hours late depending on when the last feed check was.
- New episode notifications will appear when an episode is found using mobile data. Previously they would only appear after the download completed.
- Fixed delay between starting a download and avatar download overlay appearing.
- Fixed an issue where a new episode could be added to the podcast but not marked as unplayed.
Castro — High Fidelity Podcasts