February 5, 2014
Amid criticisms that have earned it an infernal reputation as an "in-app purchase hell," Dungeon Keeper has just received a major update — the first ever update since its worldwide release a week ago. Most notably, the update brings "the power of friendship" to the modern mobile remake of the popular 1997 dungeon-building strategy game of the same name. How? By letting you invite your friends to play Dungeon Keeper or to join your guild through Facebook and Game Center. The update also brings the following notable changes:
If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. The update is actually chock-full of other improvements regarding audio and art, dungeon design and management, and gameplay elements. You can read about them in detail here. Also including the obligatory performance improvements and bug fixes, the new version of Dungeon Keeper is available now in the App Store for free. The game is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later. Dungeon Keeper is developed by Electronic Arts. For more of Electronic Arts' recent updates to its iOS games, see also: Live The Sims Life To The Fullest With The Adults And Seniors In The Sims FreePlay, A Perfect Match: Bejeweled Blitz Gets Much-Requested Feature In Latest Update, and Keepin' It Real: Real Racing 3 Gains Real-Time Multiplayer Plus New Flagship Supercars.
- Canceling a job will refund a portion of the invested resource. You will receive a confirmation dialogue and the amount of resources that will be lost if you cancel the job
- Trap swapping has been disabled
- You can change your active Immortal while your other Immortal(s) are reviving
- Improved game performance on low-end devices
- Non-ascii keyboards have been enabled