March 9, 2014
Slitherine, the developer behind acclaimed strategy games such as Battle Academy and Panzer Corps, is out with a new title. Based on the popular Magnifico board game created by Spartaco Albertarelli, the new game is called Da Vinci's Art of War. Set in 16th century Europe, Da Vinci's Art of War challenges you to join a faction and conquer European provinces by moving units and building defenses. Perhaps most notably, it requires you to make decisions both military and economic as you invest in the powerful war machines of the titular "Magnifico" Renaissance polymath himself. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Da Vinci's Art of War has the following key features:
Compatible with iPad running iOS 6.0 or later, Da Vinci's Art of War is available now in the App Store for $4.99. See also: Viral Strategy Game Plague Inc. Set To Contract Mega Mutation Update Next Month, Pocket Starships Launches On iOS, Features Real-Time Space Combat And More, and Reign Supreme In The Tower Defense Game Of Thrones That Is Royal Revolt 2. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- The only strategy game with Da Vinci’s inventions and works of art! Build Castles, Tanks, Aircraft and much more!
- Bid at the auction for Da Vinci’s inventions.
- Upgrade your infantry, tanks and aircraft with new technologies to increase reliability and combat power.
- Fight battles with wondrous technologies but be careful as tanks can explode!
- Many special weapons including the Great Cannon, Submarines, Armored Ships, Paratroopers and more!
- Compete for control of 16th century Europe on a region based map.
- Earn Victory points for most castles, territories, technologies, being Magnifico and other special actions.
- Single player mode against up to 3 AI players, selected from 10 AI characters with their own play styles.
- In depth in-game tutorial and detailed manual.
- Available in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian and Chinese!
Da Vinci's Art of War