by Joe White
March 25, 2014
HeroCraft’s Medieval Wars: Strategy & Tactics has just received an update adding a new campaign mode and four extra historical scenarios, making version 1.04 of the app Medieval Wars’ biggest update yet. The updated application is available free of charge on the App Store, and it’s optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The new campaign, “In Praise of Odin,” can be accessed free in the app, and it offers gamers nine brand new missions based around the Vikings’ wars in Scandinavia and continental Europe. In the app’s release notes, HeroCraft explains:
However, that’s not all. Besides the new campaign mode, HeroCraft has also added four new scenarios to Medieval Wars. These include:
- You will be able to capture Paris, invade England and Southern Italy.
- With the great Rollo you will found the Normandy dukedom.
- In Oleg the Prophet’s campaign you will gain Kiev.
As a reminder, Medieval Wars: Strategy & Tactics first launched on the App Store back in December, and at the time we praised the application in our daily “Today’s Best Apps” article. My colleague Casey explained: “The game features hand-drawn 2-D graphics, dramatic soundtrack, three army choices, 16 mission single player tri-course campaign, solo vs. computer skirmish, and two person multiplayer Hotseat mode, plus Game Center leaderboards.” Thanks to its most recent update, the app is now better than ever. Do you have the courage to face the frightful warriors of medieval Europe? Find out in Medieval Wars: Strategy & Tactics. As mentioned, you can pick up the updated application free of charge on the App Store, and it’s optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. See also: Eventbrite Updates At The Door Box Office App For iPad With iOS 7 Design And More, This New Campus 2 Video Shows The Demolition Of Old HP Offices, and The Apple TV Meets Google’s Chromecast In This ‘Apple TV Air’ Concept. [gallery]
- In the bloody ‘Battle of Brávellir’ you will defeat the legendary Harald Wartooth, the King of Danes and Swedes.
- In a huge scenario called ‘Vikings’ Wars’ you will be able to keep half of Europe in fear and make them look to the seas in terror.
- Playing as Harald Fairhair in the ‘Unification of Norway’ you will set the Norse crown atop your head.
- As Cnut the Great you will win the war against Norway and Sweden and establish power over these lands.
Medieval Wars: Strategy & Tactics