Xbox One SmartGlass is the official iOS companion app of Xbox One, the latest generation of Microsoft's video game console. Released ahead of the console's launch last November, the app is similar in functionality to Xbox SmartGlass, the official iOS companion app of Xbox 360, the predecessor to Xbox One.
Xbox One SmartGlass lets you:
- Navigate your Xbox One console using your device’s keyboard and touch
- Control your media and set top box with the SmartGlass remote control
- Browse the web on your TV using your mobile device
- Enhance what you are watching or playing with SmartGlass companions
- Increase performance with faster connections and reliability
- Search, browse, and pin content to play on your Xbox One console
- Track achievements, get game help, message friends, and watch game clips
Through its first major update, Xbox One SmartGlass has gained several notable enhancements. These include a dedicated hub for clips you make with Game DVR and improved help for Xbox One connection problems.
The update also makes its easier to see who among your friends are online and what they're playing. Furthermore, it introduces a new design for the activity feed in Friends.
The new version of Xbox One SmartGlass also offers the ability to close or unsnap snapped apps on Xbox One without having to use its remote feature.
Also including the usual round of bug fixes, the newly updated Xbox One SmartGlass is available in the App Store for free. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 6.0 or later.
See also: Get Ready Master Chief: Microsoft’s Siri-Like Cortana Will Be Unveiled Soon, Microsoft Wants To Bring The Xbox Live Experience To Android And iOS, and Microsoft Launches OneDrive For Business, Formerly SkyDrive Pro, With New Design.[gallery link="file" order="DESC"]