May 24, 2014
Another major update has just arrived for iCab Mobile, the so-called “Internet Taxi for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.” The app was updated to version 8.0 a couple of months ago with a new design for iOS 7 along with some new features. Then, it received its 8.1 update last month, thereby gaining support for Bluetooth keyboard shortcut customization and other improvements. Now, iCab Mobile has been updated to version 8.2. Most notably, the new version introduces a couple of enhancements to iCab Mobile's Kiosk mode, which offers a restricted variation of the full-screen mode for kiosk environments. One, iCab Mobile can now sync the settings and filters for Kiosk mode across multiple devices via Dropbox. And two, the app can now dim the screen when the device is idle for a while in Kiosk mode. Furthermore, iCab Mobile 8.2 adds Qwant and Wolfram Alpha to the default search engines and introduces additional keys for entering URLs in the combined URL and search field on iPad. The new version of iCab Mobile also includes the following changes:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 7.0 or later, iCab Mobile 8.2 is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $1.99 download. The app is featured in AppAdvice’s Best Web Browsers for the iPhone and iPad Web Browsers AppGuides.
- Added Czech translation
- The source code module can be now configured to open the source in a new window.
- Includes many other improvements.
- Solved an issue with the Copy & Paste menu which did not always appear.
- Solved a few issues with popup windows of certain web sites.
- Fixed an issue with the "x-callback-url" protocol
- Fixes an issue with Bookmarklets which rely on the current text selection.
- Fixes many smaller issues
iCab Mobile (Web Browser)