June 25, 2014
At the moment, LucasArts has Star Wars: Tiny Death Star and Star Wars: Assault Team in its portfolio of "Star Wars" games officially out on iOS. But soon, it's going to add a new title to that group with the upcoming release of Star Wars: Commander, which it has just soft-launched on the Australian App Store. Seemingly "inspired" by the likes of Supercell's Clash of Clans, Star Wars: Commander is a new addition to the hugely popular combat strategy game genre. In the game, players have to choose between the Empire and the Rebellion, build bases, and invade other bases across the "Star Wars" universe. Star Wars: Commander challenges players to:
The game is optimized for iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, fifth-generation iPod touch, iPad 2, third-generation iPad, fourth-generation iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini, and iPad mini with Retina display running iOS 7.0 or later. Star Wars: Commander is currently available in soft-launch mode as a free-to-play title on the Australian App Store. Stay tuned to AppAdvice as we'll certainly let you know as soon as the game is officially launched. It's worth noting that with the soft launch of Star Wars: Commander, LucasArts appears to have pulled Star Wars Pit Droids from the App Store. See also: Change The Universe In Disney's Star Wars Scene Maker App For iPad, Get Ready For Episode VII With Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace, and First Major Update For Star Wars: Assault Team Brings A New Ally System And More. [gallery]
- Choose your side: Will you command AT-ATs and Tie Fighters as the Empire? Or call on iconic heroes like Han Solo and Princess Leia as the Rebellion?
- Build and defend your base: Train unique troops specific to each faction, and fortify your base with deflector shields, turrets, heavy artillery, and other defenses!
- Lead epic battles: Strategically deploy powerful armies, units, and vehicles against enemies and players around the galaxy!
- Form the ultimate Squad: Build strong alliances with friends and other players!
- Travel to multiple planets and complete special missions: Play an all-new story as a valiant leader on the front lines of the Galactic Civil War.
- Upgrade your strike team and its defenses: Strengthen your forces with multiple levels of upgrades for each unit!
Star Wars: Commander
Star Wars: Assault Team
Star Wars: Tiny Death Star
Clash of Clans