June 28, 2014
Cooliris, the developer of the popular photo viewing app of the same name, has just released a messaging app called BeamIt. BeamIt is a new private messaging app that, true to Cooliris' photo-centric predilection, focuses on photo sharing. "Private messaging meets stunning photo sharing – at last," says Cooliris of BeamIt. With BeamIt, you can send messages in one-on-one or group chats and share full-resolution photos while you're at it. You can even share photos to separate groups at the same time. The app also features photo drawers, which you can swipe to view photos without interrupting the conversation. And apparently for the first time in a messaging app, BeamIt lets you like and comment on photos. BeamIt also offers the following neat features:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 7.0 or later, BeamIt is available now on the App Store for free. See also: Facebook's Slingshot Goes International Just A Week After Official Launch, KakaoTalk Messenger For iOS Updated With Photo-Related Improvements And More, and FireChat Now Supports Off-The-Grid Messaging Between iOS And Android.
- Unsend – Regret sending something? Tap “Delete” and it disappears for everyone.
- Offline – Express yourself even when you’re offline, and it’ll post once you’re back online.
- Automatic backup – Lost your phone? No worries, everything is safely stored in the cloud.
- Share to anyone with an email address, even if they don’t have the app.
- Clean and simple interface. No clutter.
BeamIt - Visual Messaging