June 19, 2014
Gameloft has just unleashed another iOS game in the form of Dungeon Gems. As you may have puzzled out from its name, Dungeon Gems is a dungeon-themed gem-matching game. But what you may not have made head or tail of right at the outset is that the game is a sort of monster-battling game where you have to defeat dragons. In Dungeon Gems, you must link elemental runes to trigger your heroes' attacks. Linking similarly colored runes launches focused attacks, while linking differently colored ones results in multi-element attacks. Note, though, that doing the latter reduces your arsenal of precious Action Points. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Seemingly inspired by Japanese RPGs (particularly with regard to its polished graphics), Dungeon Gems also features card-battling, party management and alliance-forging elements:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 6.0 or later, Dungeon Gems is available now on the App Store as a free-to-play title. See also: Asphalt 8: Airborne Update Brings New Cars And More, My Spider-Sense Is Tingling: Marvel And Gameloft Team Up For Spider-Man Unlimited, and Gameloft Further Teases Modern Combat 5: Blackout With New E3 Trailer. [gallery]
- 220 powerful warriors await your summons.
- Choose wisely: Each warrior can launch a different elemental attack, but is vulnerable to an element as well.
- Power up your favorite warriors, then evolve them into new, legendary forms!
- There’s always someone ready to help you in your quest, be it a friend or a complete stranger.
- Choose your allies wisely, as you need the right kind of strength to defeat particular foes.
- Compare your progress to your friends’ and gain bonuses when completing dungeons together.