by Joe White
July 15, 2014
The popular Sky Force 2014, Infinite Dreams’ revamped version of Sky Force which landed on iOS back in June, is set to get a big update in the near future. According to TouchArcade, the incoming new version is going to add a brand new stage to the application – called “Stage 8” – which is pictured in the below screenshot. The publication explains: “Stage 8 will feature a new tower type which you can see in the screen above, a sort of spinning plasma windmill of death.” Sounds interesting! We’ll also see new Tournament mode stages in the updated Sky Force 2014, and the “price drop and VIP rescue notifications” issue will also be corrected, TouchArcade adds. From what we understand, the update has been submitted to Apple and is awaiting approval. We should see it launch on the App Store in the near future – and perhaps as soon as this week. As usual, we’ll let you know once it’s available to download. In the meantime, iOS gamers can pick up Sky Force 2014 free of charge on the App Store. It’s optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, and includes the following key features:
Below, we’ve included a trailer for the game. If you can’t see the above video, please click this link. See also: Keyboard Maestro Control gets a big update: goes universal and adds 4-inch screen support, Arrr! Chillingo teams up with Nitro Games for Gang of Pirates combat strategy game, and Timbeeer! Rovio updates Angry Birds Rio with new Timber Tumble episode.
- Beautiful levels with immersive missions to complete.
- Multiple extreme boss battles.
- Upgrade your shields, guns, missiles, lasers, mega-bombs and magnets.
- Risk everything to rescue civilians.
- Brand new weekly tournaments against other players.
- Boost your final score with a host of in-game achievements.
- Rescue fallen opponents to win extra lives and stars.
- Accessible to beginners, as well as hardcore shooter addicts.
- Full voiceover and incredible electronic soundtrack.
Sky Force 2014
Infinite Dreams Inc.