As we reported late last year, Infinite Dreams had been developing a new iOS edition of Sky Force in celebration of the vertical shooter's 10th anniversary. Now, a decade after its launch on the Symbian platform, the game has been reborn on iOS as Sky Force 2014.
Of course, the game has also been remastered for the newer, decidedly more advanced platform it now inhabits. For one thing, Sky Force 2014 boasts high-resolution 3-D graphics. What's more, it features touch-optimized controls, a new upgrade system, and a new social gaming layer.
Sky Force 2014 also challenges you to weekly tournaments where you can take on other players, with prizes rewarded not only for winning, but also for rescuing your fallen opponents.If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here.
Sky Force 2014 includes the following key features:
- Beautiful levels with immersive missions to complete.
- Multiple extreme boss battles.
- Upgrade your shields, guns, missiles, lasers, mega-bombs and magnets.
- Risk everything to rescue civilians.
- Brand new weekly tournaments against other players.
- Boost your final score with a host of in-game achievements.
- Rescue fallen opponents to win extra lives and stars.
- Accessible to beginners, as well as hardcore shooter addicts.
- Full voiceover and incredible electronic soundtrack.
Sky Force 2014 is not the first appearance of Sky Force on iOS. Actually, not one, but two Sky Force titles – Sky Force and Sky Force Reloaded – were launched on iOS a few years ago. But they were later pulled by Infinite Dreams from the App Store because of incompatibility issues with newer versions of iOS.
For more newly released iOS games, see also: Chillingo Challenges You To Go Beyond The Depths In Scuba Diver Adventures, Destroy The Red Rain As You Protect The Phantom Flower In This Fast-Paced Reflex Game, and Do You Have The Right Moves To Be The Gesture Ninja?.[gallery]