First and foremost, the latest update to Moovit introduces Ride Mode. This new mode lets you know the time you’re most likely to reach your stop. To enable Ride Mode, just open a line’s schedule, tap the Play button at the top bar of the schedule, and check the real-time ETA displayed right within Moovit.
Note that just by riding with the app open on your iOS device, you’re doing your part in making Moovit better for your fellow public transit travelers around the world.
Moovit supports transport operators in metro areas across a variety of countries across the globe. And now, it has been further enhanced with support for six new cities in the U.S. and more than 20 new cities elsewhere:
- USA (57 metro areas): Nashville, TN; Santa Fe, NM; Salem, OR; Topeka, KS; Albuquerque, NM; Delaware
- Brazil (19 cities in total): Salvador, Palhoça
- Canada (8 cities in total): Kingston
- Italy (13 metros in total): Trento, Pisa, Firenze, Salerno, Venezia
- Indonesia (new country): Jakarta
- Georgia (new country): Tbilisi
- Germany (2nd city): Ulm
- Portugal (new country): Porto, Coimbra
- Russia (2nd city): St. Petersburg
- South Africa (new country): Cape Town
- Spain (10 cities in total): Mallorca, Oviedo
See also: Uber updated with destination entry for riders and turn-by-turn navigation for drivers, AOL Updates MapQuest With Traffic Data, Airport Maps, Ballpark Guides And More, and Are You There Yet? Let Your Friends Know With Waze’s New And Improved Features.