First off, the update removes the game’s Halloween-themed content, seeing as the spooky occasion has long come and gone. Note, though, that you can still use Frankenbrutenstein and Pumpkin bombs if you already have them.
The latest update to Plunder Pirates also introduces a handful of new stuff. There’s a new airborne pirate called Sky Raider. There’s the new Guild perk building that quickens recruitment times. And there’s the wall wielder feature for selecting, moving and upgrading multiple wall sections.
Moreover, the new Plunder Pirates update increases the pool of players available for matchmaking, as players who have logged in within the last 28 days (as opposed to the last seven days in previous versions) are eligible.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
The new version of Plunder Pirates also includes the following fixes and optimizations:
- Tweaked Observatory funding cost
- Lowered BP cost of Academy levels 1 and 2
- Fixed Facebook connectivity
- Fixed Guild chat slider/button problems
- Fixed Exploration percentage rounding inconsistency
- Fixed chat window getting stuck
- Fix for connectivity issues during battle start. Game now ends battle without penalty to the attacker if it encounters an error.
- Further AI fixes
- Fixes to mortar knockback to prevent units going through walls
- Fixes to stuck AI : particularly juggernauts and elite gunners
- Available loot is scaled when fighting a player with a lower level pirate hall
- In-app purchase deals
- Added support to link together game accounts that have shared the same game center id (for customer support purposes)
- Bug fix for losing battles when player has poor network connectivity
- ‘Plunder Cam’ now available in Battle replays
- Replay ‘Plunder Cam’ has been improved to provide a better view of the action
See also: Apple’s GarageBand, Angry Birds, Clear and more go (RED) in fight against AIDS, Rovio updates Angry Birds Go! kart racing game with 3-on-3 team multiplayer feature, and Retro flying game Retry takes flight as first title released by Rovio’s LVL 11 publishing arm.