One of the best first-person shooters on the App Store, Modern Combat 5: Blackout, has gotten even better with a huge update.
Version 1.1 is full of new features, but the best part of the update is easily the new multiplayer capabilities. Along with the return of two beloved Modern Combat maps, Scramble and Overtime, players can now vote for the next map they’d like to battle on.
Gamers can also ask for a rematch in squad battles and climb both the solo and squad multiplayer leagues.
And in the spirit of the season, Gameloft has introduced a number of Christmas-themed perks that will be available through the holiday. Along with holiday jingles added to the menu and some seasonal masks like Santa, the reindeer, and more, players should enjoy the new blizzard effect for the Rooftops map.
VIP gamers can also use a special Santa skin.
Here are the rest of the changes:
CLASS HAS ITS PERKS
– Support your team with the new Class Skills that help all nearby allies.
– Level up to reach the new Level-120 cap.
– Cool masks.
– Awesome new kill signs.
– Pro weapons.
– See which friends are online and what they’re doing.
– Check the status of live events.
– Check your Solo and Squad League rank.
IMPROVEMENTS & FIXES
– Improved anti-cheating system.
– Added a “Report” icon to inform us of suspected cheaters.
– Enhanced Spectator Mode and kill cams.
– Improved spawning system.
Modern Combat 5: Blackout is a universal app designed for the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad/iPad mini. It can be downloaded now on the App Store for $3.99.
For other app news today, see: Badland update brings new Daydream level pack free for the holidays, Fleksy 5.0 introduces customizable Extensions, a redesign and more keyboard themes, and Gameloft updates Gangstar Vegas and Asphalt 8: Airborne with new free-to-play systems.