Most notably, the latest update to the popular location-bookmarking app adds support for not one, but two Today widgets.
There’s the “Mark the Spot” widget, which lets you mark your current location (say, your parking spot) and features a convenient “Get Directions” button. And there’s the new widget that shows the four nearest places and enables you to quickly “Add Place.”
The new update also brings search enhancements to Rego. For one thing, searching in places now includes notes as well as titles. For another, searching on the collections screen now includes places as well as collections.
Moreover, the update adds 1Password integration for quicker login and navigation support for iGo Primo and Skobbler.
The new version of Rego also includes the following improvements:
- Replaced the pin icons with dots on the map.
- Show folders first in the collections list.
- Moved note editing to the place edit screen, so that notes can be added immediately upon place creation.
- Unified the place screen, bringing photos and details together on one screen.
- Added support for photo albums synced from iTunes (requires iOS 8).
- Added a visual indication when places are being downloaded from Rego.to in the background.
- Various user interface tweaks and enhancements.
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements.
For more information on Rego, check out our “hidden gem” review, which recommends the app “to help you keep track of your favorite places, whether you’ve been there or not.”
See also: Nokia Here Maps to find its way back to iOS early next year, Apple adds new locations for Maps Flyover views and Siri movie showtime listings, and Chat, meet up and drive together with your friends using Scout by Telenav.