Late last August, the popular location-bookmarking app went 2.0 with a redesigned user interface along with new ways of viewing and bookmarking places.
Now, Rego has been updated to version 2.1 with additional features and improvements.
First and foremost, the app now lets you organize your collections into folders. As a result, though, the ability to manually sort collections has been removed.
Rego 2.1 also introduces smart collections, which allow for quick filtering on pin colors, and the return of the ability to create a place by moving a pin on a map.
Rego 2.1 also includes the following improvements:
- Better backup reminders – If you’ve backed up to Dropbox before, but not recently, you’ll be reminded of that on the collections screen.
- Better nearby view – Remember the awkwardness of looking at a 4-place collection, only to find three places listed, followed by, “1 Additional Place Further Away”? That’s gone now.
- Better photo album access – The photo picker now provides access to all your albums.
- Better import from the Rego website – When you add places from the Rego website, photos will now get imported as well.
- And much more – We’ve polished the user interface, and fixed lots of bugs.
See also: Text-to-speech app Speaky goes 2.0 for iOS 8, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Replay app updated with Light video style introduced at Apple’s iPad Air 2 event, and Fresh off Deezer acquisition, Stitcher podcast app gains support for Apple’s CarPlay.