The quiet days of summer were disrupted this week as Apple unveiled new iPods. We also got a look at the penultimate installment of Telltale’s popular Game of Thrones game.
Here’s a look back at the week that was:
New iPods launch
As expected, Apple unveiled a new iPod lineup. The highlight was a major overhaul of the iPod touch. The refreshed device now features a new 64-bit processor chip for faster operation and better graphics for gaming. The device has also been upgraded to include an 8-megapixel camera, bringing it on par with the iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2.
The refreshed iPod touch also includes the A8 chip and M8 motion coprocessor from the iPhone, allowing the device to monitor your fitness and steps while also tracking your elevation. The iPod touch will now come preloaded with iOS 8.4 and Apple Music.
- There’s no Apple Music love on the iPod nano or iPod shuffle
- How do I slay the Apple Music DRM dragon?
- Musixmatch plays nice with Apple Music
Hot on the heels of the hit television show snagging 24 Emmy Award nominations, Telltale has announced that the fifth episode of its Game of Thrones game will arrive on the App Store next week, on Thursday, July 23. The episode is entitled “A Nest of Vipers.”
Other app news:
Finally, here are some of our other hottest stories from the past week:
- Hulu is planning a big shakeup with an ad-free option
- Could Apple bring a gold Apple Watch Sport to the market?
- Apple’s rumored streaming TV service is moving closer to reality
- Sonos unveils a limited-edition version of the Play:1 speaker
What’s happening in the week ahead? Visit AppAdvice to find out.